Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I am not the Cake Boss

In an attempt to make a sweet memory for a six year old little girl I have pulled out all the stops. I hung streamers, blew up balloons (with the help of some great neighbors), stuffed goody bags, and somehow convinced myself that baking a cake was a much better idea than buying one.
Baking the cake really wasn't hard at all, except that I mixed up the directions on the box. Why are there two separate directions right next to each other for with whole egg and egg white only recipes?
Not really knowing what to do after I had beat 4 eggs together instead of 3...I decided "what the heck, it can't hurt anything, right?" (or I hope) 
After it was done baking, my dear friend Lia tells me to take the cake out of the pan to decorate it. I was just gonna leave it in the pan for the convenience of the clean up and storage purposes. Oh no, I had it in my head that hey I've watched enough of those cake shows on TV...how hard can it really be?
Well, it turns out that I am not going to win the next Cake Challenge, or nor will I be opening a bakery anytime soon. But the truth is that I love my little Rianna very much and did my best to throw the best Hello Kitty Birthday Party ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment